Becoming a lawyer in Germany is a very common yet interesting career choice. The German Legal education system is very integrated in order to form an impeccable German Legal System. The path of becoming a lawyer in Germany is a long and tedious process taking about 7 years to fully complete. Germany is a federal state, that means, the system of how to become a lawyer is different in every state. Don’t worry, there is good news too! The German Federal Legislature has designed the German law in such a way that the entire framework of German law remains the same while only a few details differ in each state. This is how it gets easy for German universities to shape their own law programmes.
German law is based on choosing a judge out of the best students who passed the legal training with flying colours. This practice ensures that the person who gives out the verdict is the best amongst the lot with a great skillset. This process starts straight from school where students have to give exams in order to get their education aptitude examined. The final exam in German law is called ‘Abitur’. Once that is cleared, students have the golden ticket to enter into universities since they have the right qualifications to do so. The Law education in Germany is looked after by the Ministry of Justice in the country.
The German legal system is based on a two-step system.
At first, a candidate needs to study at a university for obtaining the first degree in the law process. Second, the candidate must go through a compulsory clerkship period for some time in order to understand what on field skills are required for pursuing the career. At the end of the second stage, the candidate will have to go through written and oral examinations to check whether the candidate has thoroughly understood the prerequisites of becoming a lawyer in Germany.
Law colleges in Germany usually come up with a dedicated law program. In this system, there is no difference between graduate and undergraduate studies. A candidate enters law school at university directly after completing high school. They are eligible to get their first degree after 10 semesters at the law university. The process of becoming a lawyer for the German Legal System seems pretty complex at first but eventually it is worth it.
The German Legal System curriculum is divided into three major aspects namely: Private law, public law and criminal law. At first the student needs to study all three aspects thoroughly. The students need to know enough of the curriculum in the first half of their course so that they can make a choice of which one to pursue in the future. Towards the end of the first degree, the candidate’s knowledge on all three major topics are tested and given marks accordingly.
Studying German Law as an International Student
Are you a student who wishes to study law in Germany and does not live there? While the place you live in might be miles and miles away from Germany there are still many appealing reasons for you to pursue Law training in Germany. What are they, you ask? Studying law in Germany is pretty inexpensive while anywhere else around the world it costs a bomb. German schools give their students opportunities to practice skills in many languages used universally in science, law, communication, business and many other fields. The benefits also include fully paid scholarships and many other support programs which makes studying aw in Germany worthwhile.
Also, did you know, International students who get accepted by German schools do not have to pay a penny for their education at the under-grad level. Aren’t these just add on benefits to the wholesome legal education Germany offers?
Students have applied to study in German universities and have been accepted under Germany’s Foreign student residency requirement can study in Germany. Admission requirements differ in every school. Some schools are offering English-programs for law while the others are only offering German ones. Law for international students in Germany usually require students to speak in fluent German language. If an individual aspires to practice law in the country, they should know how to speak and understand the language very well. The application process in German schools are submitted through the school employees. It needs proper documentations which include secondary school diplomas, certifications, legal degree proof from other institutions if any and many more important documents.
The cost of studying in German law school is also not very high. Studying in public colleges and universities in free. Studying in private schools and universities will cost ou some money but compared to the rest of the world, it is surely less. Around 20,000 Euros per year is the cost of studying law in private institutions. If you are an international student wanting to do law in Germany, the major costs you have to worry about are the housing, food and transportation costs. Students discounts may or may not be applicable for students who are pursuing post-graduation. Considering only the basic costs have to be taken into account, studying law in Germany is surely a good option to take up!
If you are someone planning to pursue Law deciding which country you want to do it from is a crucial decision to make. This article is all about how you the German legal education system works in order to give you a better understanding of it.
Read here to know more about work culture in Germany.
Students in Germany are heavily dependent on their part time jobs to sustain. They attend university lectures for a few hours at the beginning of the day and then head to work to earn their bucks. This year, because of the deadly coronavirus pandemic, and the strict lockdowns imposed in Germany, every student’s income has been highly affected. The situation went so out of control that the Government had to step in to help.
German students and universities have filed warnings for the coronavirus pandemic since the unprecedented lockdowns have wiped off their income coming from the part time jobs. The pandemic has left students in Germany stranded due to a huge financial crisis. The students in Germany are being forced to pay their regular tuition and accommodation fee without being able to use the facilities which is just adding on to their troubles in these stressful times.
Due to all the money shortage, students are opting for taking emergency loans. Over the past few months, a lot of students have been taking student emergency loans from the government which mount up to approximately a billion euros since so many students are asking for it.
The financial hardships that the students are facing is a huge deal for the German Government. If financial aid is not given in time, students will have to abandon their academics which will eventually cause more problems in the country. Around two thirds of students work alongside their degree and for international students, the numbers are higher. While there are a few who do not work, but that does not mean they are not affected at all by this since it is going to affect scholarships too.
Students wrote letters and letters to the Government expressing their struggles in these distressed times. It was very important for the management to help them in some or the other way. Giving them rapid access to interim financial aid was a need of the hour.
The Federal Government and the coalition have now announced a well- balanced plan for student financial aid. This plan has been made keeping in mind the current scenario. This plan will help the German students in need and will also ease off financial burden in the future.
Student Emergency Loans?
To combat these times the Government first had to come up with a solid plan. It is not fair for the students to have a debt on their heads while they are undergoing such a financial crisis at their end. The lawmakers in Germany came up with a draft on the 22ndof April, 2020, stating that the government would allow students to earn money in a broader range of fields which have been affected by the pandemic without a reduction in their state aid.
This is a very smart move by the German Government. Not only will this give a boost to the other industries of the economy, but it will also heavily benefit the students. This has the potential of generating more money in the system so that the rotation of cash takes place smoothly and everybody’s pocket gets a hike.
Student Emergency Loans for International students
Since May, 2020 German banks are offering loans to the students without any interest on them until March, 2021. This reform has been undertaken to help the German students in the harsh pandemic times. The new thing that has taken place in Germany is that, this offer is also available for international students. This has happened in Germany for the first time ever that students from abroad will have access to loan free loans for a limited period of time.
In specific terms, students can apply for a maximum of 650 Euros a month. This can go on for 14 whole semesters which comes up to 54,600 Euros. The loan can be applied for online without taking the trouble of physically going to banks to get the loans approved. The Government says, this is a fair and quick means of giving students financial aid. The concerned students now have access to immediate financial help which is mounting up to 1 billion Euros.
The offer was initially presented by the Federal Education Minister, Anja Karliczek as “interest-free”. She was eventually forced to withdraw her statement since the loan is not technically interest free. The “interest-free” policy is only applicable for the pay-out phase. Post that, the students will be eligible to pay heavier interests than what are available in the market.
The financial aid offered by the Government to university students was eventually slammed by a number of politicians. The politicians said that, the loan is like any other loan. Students are liable to pay heavy interests on it irrespective. It is just being marketed as an interest-free loan to save their reputation.
The coronavirus pandemic has been an unprecedented crisis all over the world and the authorities universally do not know how to deal with it. The German Government came up with a set of policies to help their citizens and interest-free student emergency loans appear to be one of them. This article contains all that you need to know about the same!
Read here to know more about some interesting facts about German Lives.
Germany is a hotspot for education for both domestic and foreign students. It is one of the most popular locations in all of Europe for students. Germany also has a staggering number of more than three hundred universities. These include both technical and applied sciences universities.
The universities offer courses in both German and English and some are even considered to rank well in the list of world university.
The proportion of German language institutions is significantly more than English language ones. This has not stopped students from learning German and benefiting from the cheap education offered in Germany. Compared to the rest of the world, the cost of education in German is incredibly low. One should understand about the cost of education in Germany to have a more informed decision.
The number of international students choosing to receive their higher education in Germany is rising. In 2015, China was the country sending the most students to German universities, followed closely by India and Russia. People the world over choose to come to Germany for a world-quality education at a low price. Around 12 percent of students in German universities come from foreign countries, so you will certainly not be alone.
One of the reasons that school is so inexpensive in Germany is that Germany is trying to attract foreign workers due to their labor shortages. Workers trained and educated in Germany will be a great addition to the German workforce.
University tuition fees
There are two types of universities in Germany: state sponsored or private universities. State sponsored universities are very cheap. Depending on the region, these may be free of charge. There may be an obligatory student registration fee which may cost between 100 and 500 euros depending on the intuition.The cost of education in Germany is staggeringly low, as you can see.
Even when the state sponsored universities are not free, their tuition is nominal, ranging from 200 to 1500 euros per semester. If you compare that to tuition fee costs in the United Kingdom, the United States and Canada, this is close to a fraction of the cost of universities there. So, if you’re interested in receiving a world class education without falling into debt, Germany might be a good idea for you, as it is almost that you study for free.
The price of attending a state university falls to almost half if you’re doing a second degree. If you were originally charge 1500 euros per semester for your first degree, you will be delighted to know that the price falls to 700 euros per semester for your second degree. However, there can be administrative fees involved which depends from universities and different German state. Some universities in the state of Baden Württemberg have been known to charge tuition fees.
Compared to state sponsored universities, private universities are significantly more expensive. This is because, unlike state universities, they do not get any funding from the government. They have to bear the costs of research, paying staff, and maintenance all by themselves.
The average cost of attending a private university is 20,000 euros a year. However, unlike state universities, there are many scholarships available in some private universities, so you can apply for those as well.
Other cost of education in Germany
Some German universities also offer on-campus housing. This is the cheapest form of accommodation you can get at around 200 euros per month. If you’re a student on a budget, then this might be perfect for you. As with the actual cost of education, the extra expenses are also very low.
Aside from that, the total cost of books, photocopies of lectures and other materials make up for a cost of 50 to 100 euros per semester. Again, this is very cheap compared to the rest of the world where books may cost around 1000 euros. Additionally, cafeteria services are available for students. You can get a great meal between classes for less than 3 euros. But one should always take care of the living costs in Germany.
Health care for students in Germany is also incredibly cheap. Health insurance for students in Germany is around 80 euros per month. This is much cheaper than what it would cost in the United States to add someone to health insurance coverage.
The tuition fee for university also usually includes a public transportation ticket. This enables students to travel freely around their city of choice. This enables students to breath in the culture and language of Germany, and get to know the country. Some students live in an academic bubble, but it is important to also have a life outside of school.
In addition to cheap tuition and insurance, it is also possible to receive a scholarship. Though the DAAD (German Academic Exchange Council), international students could receive enough money per month to cover living expenses. These include transportation, housing, and healthcare.
Many universities in Germany offer subsidised language programs, so you can learn German as you pursue your degree. Most degrees are standardised throughout the European Union. With your German degree, you can move freely throughout the EU to work.
With all these extra perks, the cost of education in Germany seems to be even lower overall.
To start your journey to an education in Germany, visit the DAAD website.
Cost of primary and secondary education
If you’re living in Germany with family, then you will be happy to know that state schools on a primary and secondary level are completely free. Even if you’re not in university, the cost of education is incredibly low for your children as well.
In fact, many Germans send their children to state schools specifically because of the high standards. However, the medium of education is in German. If you and your children don’t speak the language than it might not be very feasible to send your child to such a school.
Expats often prefer to send their children to international schools. This ensures a continuity of education. It also allows children to continue studying in English and also pick up German along the way.
However, international schools are expensive. On the primary level, the tuition fees can be around 15,000 euros per year. At the secondary level, it can go up to 25,000 euros each year. Furthermore, the monthly cost of a private, full day Kindergarten or Preschool maybe around 500 euros per child.
Of course, the kind of school you pick out for your child will largely depend on what you can afford. There are many quality language training centres in Germany. Both you and your child can attend these to learn German. Learning German can help make life easier in Germany for you.
Please read our article on the German school system for a better view of how your child’s life will be in Germany.
If you are an international student looking for an affordable, quality education, look no further. Germany is the country for you. Their degree will take you across the European Union, and they are affordable. You can avail the financial support from various banks or similar financial institutions in your home country.
German students are at a financial advantage, and you can be too. As you can see, the cost of education in Germany is extremely affordable for everyone. There are a lot of international students in Germany and you can always connect with them to get more information.
Your children will also benefit from a low-cost, quality education in Germany. Even the public schools are extremely high-quality, and they’re free. Everyone should take advantage of this amazing opportunity for a low-cost, quality education.
Read about how the German school system works and about the International schools in Germany so that you can find the best education for your child.
Are you dreaming of working at hotshot jobs in Germany for foreigners? How about beginning from the beginning with an MBA in Germany? Education experts believe that Germany is the business powerhouse of Europe. The MBA universities in Germany rank the highest in the world.The medium of instruction of English makes it convenient for foreigners and expats to study business and management and find jobs in Germany.
Germany offers great chances to MBA graduates to develop their profession after graduation. An MBA graduate can be a part of the flourishing vehicle business of Germany or an active employee at the hundreds of start-ups in Germany.
Check out the list of the most excellent MBA universities in Germany. Every university ranks among the top hundred of the world. The university offers excellent study programs and brilliant research centres. The 10 most renowned universities in Germany include the following:
1. European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) Berlin
ESMT, Berlin, is a non-profit, private business school whose founders include about 25different top-ranking business organisations. With a triple accreditation affiliation, ESMT Berlin is home to Centres for financial reporting and auditing, leadership, sustainable business, and more.
- The graduates of the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT) benefit significantly from the active study programs. The minimum wage in Germany per hour for graduates is incredibly high.
- Above all, the school gives an MBA degree with two alternatives. These are Global Sustainable Business and Managing Innovation and Technology.
- ESMT is among the top hundred schools according to the Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking. It ranks at the top in the Bloomberg Business week’s Best International Business Schools.
- EQUIS, AMBA, and AACSB license the business school. If you seek to work in Germany, then ESMT is one of the best options for you.
- ESMT Berlin gives a Master’s degree in Management, an MBA, and an Executive MBA, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Management, and a few official training courses.
- Besides, the school offers a great PhD program.
- ESMT Berlin holds a certificate by Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA) and Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- It holds a license by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- This school is one of the four MBA universities in Germany with triple-accreditation.
- The primary ground and base camp of the school is in the previous GDR Staatsratsgebäude in Berlin.
- Also, it is alongside the Federal Foreign Office and the UNESCO world social legacy Museum Island.
- The first lobby of the school is generally open to the populace.
- The school authority permits visits to the school under strict guidance.
- The Cologne ground of the school, Schloss Gracht, is notable in Germany.
- To begin with, the Cologne campus is the famous ground where the celebrated Metternich family of Germany once lived.
- From 1968 the Cologne campus of the school was the home of the Universitätsseminar der Wirtschaft (USW).
- This campus used to offer official training courses.
- The USW became a part of the ESMT Berlin.
- As a result of the merging, the site became a campus for German-language formal training courses of ESMT.
- Furthermore, the campus became a centre of sports medication of the school.
2. Frankfurt School of Finance and Management
The Frankfurt School of Finance and Management offers an extensive range of study programs. It is one of the best business schools in the world. The notable personalities of this school hold essential posts in top ranking financial companies across the globe.
- For those students searching for an account grounded MBA in Germany, the Frankfurt School is an extraordinary decision. The minimum salary in Germany for the graduates of this school is undoubtedly high. Get access to Germany work permit and Germany work visa with the help of this university.
- The Frankfurt School of Finance and Management is in the fund centre point of Germany.
- The study program offers parallel German language courses. As a result, the school assures smooth progress into the job arena of Germany. Find job in Germany immediately upon graduation from here.
- The Frankfurt School of Finance and Management offers MBA students with opportunities.
- These opportunities help the students to work, earn, and study at the same time.
- Besides, the Frankfurt School has a solid reputation of having graduates set in fund and counselling jobs following graduation.
- The Frankfurt School is authoritatively perceived as an advanced education organisation with the position of a college by the German experts.
- To summarise, the school has the option to grant undergrad, postgraduate and doctoral degrees.
- Frankfurt School has an affiliation with AMBA, EQUIS, and AACSB.
- Together with the ESCP Europe, ESMT Berlin, and the University of Mannheim, Frankfurt School is one of the four German business colleges with Triple accreditation.
- The School has a license with theFIBAA and the German Council of Science and Humanities (Wissenschaftsrat).
- The Master of Finance and the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration hold FIBAA’s Premium Seal.
- The EFMD licenses the MBA degree in International Healthcare Management of this school.
- The school campus of Frankfurt School is in the locale of Nordend, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Besides, the Frankfurt School has research centres inMunich and Hamburg and five other workplaces around the globe.
- The centres for the enlistment of students and the exercises identified with the counselling and formal instruction include: Nairobi, Beijing, Shanghai, Pune and São Paulo.
- In brief, some eminent personalities of the Frankfurt School include:
- Rainer Fuhrmann, Former CEO, DZ Bank AG
- Stefan Müller, Member of Parliament Christian Democratic Union of Germany
- Alexander Doll, Former CEO, Barclays Germany
- Axel Frein, CEO, Valovis Commercial Bank
- Jochen Klösges, Former Board member, Commerzbank, current CEO of E.R. Schiffahrt
- Christian Sewing, CEO of Deutsche Bank, and more.
3. Mannheim Business School (MBS)
The Mannheim Business School is an umbrella organisation for business and management. With excellent academic programs, the school is in partnership with Queen’s University, Warwick Business School, and more.
- Mannheim Business School is near the budgetary focus Frankfurt of Germany.
- As a rule, the school plays home to one of the two MBA programs in Germany.
- It ranks among the top universities in the Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking.
- The reputed MBA degree of the school offers five courses.
- These courses enable the graduates to get ready for worldwide vocations by concentrating on one of Europe, Asia, and North America. You can also acquire a dependent visa Germany with help from the authority.
- Besides, the Mannheim Business School has a triple accreditation by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS.
- Moreover, the school offers solid alternatives to executive MBA degree.
- Besides the alternatives, the school also has universal examination choices in China, France, and Singapore.
- The MBA university offers four study programs in MBA:
- the Mannheim Master of Business Administration
- the Mannheim Executive MBA,
- the ESSEC,
- MANNHEIM Executive MBA
- MANNHEIM and TONGJI Executive MBA.
- Moreover, a particular ace program in Accounting and Taxation, and more are easily accessible by students across the globe.
- The education programs of this university consist of:
- Mannheim MBA (full-time, year; low maintenance, two years)
- Eurasian track
- German track
- Transoceanic track
- Worldwide track
- ESSEC and Mannheim Executive MBA
- For a considerable length of time, the University of Mannheim has been among the top research foundations in Europe in the fields of business organisation and financial matters.
- Prestigious rankings report Mannheim’s driving position.
- The Business School of the University of Mannheim has a substantial international reputation.
4. WHU – Otto Beisheim Graduate School of Management
WHU is one of the foremost business schools in the world. Otto Beisheim, the founder of Metro Cash And Carry Group, is the chief financier and patron of the school. The school boasts of a significant alma mater and a large number of notable student bodies.
- The full-time course in MBA of WHU ranks in the topmost 100 of the Economist’s Full-Time MBA Rankings for 2016. For jobs in Germany for foreigners, this university is an excellent choice.
- The college is in two separate areas.One of the campuses is in Vallendar. The other school is in Düsseldorf.
- The MBA program of the school has excellent pay scales for the graduates.The students who graduate from this college receive the most handsome salaries. Also, The Economist’s review as of late discovered that graduates’ post-MBA pay rates had expanded by 89 per cent on pre-MBA pay rates.
- Besides, WHU has a reputation for alumni arrangements in the assembling division, both in Germany and in different nations.
- The joint Executive MBA program that WHU keeps running with Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management is likewise exceedingly respected.
- The German state authority supervises all the degree programs at WHU degree programs. All the programs hold a license by the Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA).
- Likewise, WHU also possesses accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Besides, the college has an affiliation with the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
- Along with the ESMT in Berlin, Management and the University of Mannheim WHU is one of four German business colleges to possess both the AACSB and EQUIS accreditation.
However, the college does not have the Triple Crown.
5. HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
Leipzig Graduate School Of Management is a private business and management school that possesses international accreditation. The college awards postdoctoral and doctoral degrees to deserving candidates. The partner universities of the university include Imperial College Business School, Tuck School Of Business, and more.
- HHL is the most seasoned business college in Germany and Europe as well. Secure the best jobs in Germany upon graduation from this university.
- The degree of MBA ranks among the Top 100 in the Economist’s MBA Ranking 2017.
- The college secured a top position of late in other worldwide rankings for its emphasis on business enterprise.
- Besides offering full and low maintenance MBA programs, HHL is a piece of the Euro*MBA; an official dimension program kept running by a consortium of European colleges, which sees students take an interest in short residencies at various establishments all through Europe.
- The different study programs include
- Master in Business Administration
- Global Executive MBA
- Master in Management, M.Sc
- Doctoral Program
- The doctoral degree course is for those candidates who possess a degree from a secondary university.
- Within about three years of the course, the doctoral candidate has to participate in
- A research colloquium
- After the successful completion of all the requisites, the student proceeds to submit the doctoral thesis.
- As a rule, the acceptance of the doctoral thesis marks the candidate eligible for the doctorate in this university.
6. Hochschule Pforzheim
Hochschule Pforzheim is one of the foremost universities in the world. It is the holder of the AACSB accreditation. The university offers programs in accessory design, jewellery, industrial designs, visual communication, and more.
- The college is not in a centre point like Frankfurt or Berlin in Germany.
- However, the campus of Hochschule Pforzheim is a noteworthy base for the students of MBA. The students secure excellent jobs in Germany upon graduation.
- The students of this college aspire to be a part of the assembling and auto businesses of Germany. The encompassing Baden-Württemberg district is home to Bosch, Porsche, and Daimler, among different makers.
- The Pforzheim city is the way to the northern passage to the beautiful Black Forest of Germany.
- The school offers an MBA degree of 21 months in International Management.
- Generally, the course is on Sustainable Globalisation and Innovation and Business Dynamics.
- The Master degree course of MBA in International Management is the leading state-certify MBA degree program.
- The course focuses on advertising, general administration instruction, and administrative abilities to confront global business. The student will get great opportunities for work in Germany upon graduation.
- The medium of instruction of the degree course is in English.
- The college course has four semesters for the students.
7. TUM Technische Universität München
TUM is an excellent centre of business and management research in Germany. The alma mater of this university boasts of about 17 Nobel Prize laureates, 22 IEEE Fellow Members, and 18 Leibnitz Prize winners.
- TUM is a reputed business college with a triple accreditation license in Germany.
- The school offers a degree in Executive MBA along with other courses.
- Also, TUM gives a degree program of Masters in Management and Technology.
- Students can choose among the degrees that include:
- Executive MBA in Business and IT,
- General Executive MBA, or
- Executive MBA in Innovation and Business Creation,
- The campus of the school is luxurious
- Besides, the school is the focal point of one of the active business centres of Germany.
8. Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin (HWR) – Berlin School of Economics and Law
The Berlin School of Economics And Law is the centre of research and higher education in business and management. BSEL boasts of significant international partnerships with more than 150 universities across the world.
- The Berlin School of Economics And Law is a business college in Berlin, the capital of Germany.
- The school is home to a large group of diverse MBA degree choices. At the school, the students can concentrate on the executives in a European setting. As a rule, they can also opt fora Transatlantic setting or an Asian-European setting.
- These MBA degrees incorporate extensive research abroad which includes the research centres of the UK, London, France, Hong Kong, and other parts of the EU.
- Such diversity is to make the students acquire exposure to global business experience.
Furthermore, the school offers low maintenance MBA programs in Entrepreneurship, Health Care Management, and Change Management.
9. College of Cologne Executive School
The College of Cologne Executive School is a remarkable centre of business and management research. The school is in partnership with hundreds of reputed universities across the globe and offers excellent management programs.
- The University of Cologne Executive School is one of the most excellent business schools in Germany.
- Above all, the school has a triple accreditation license.
- It plays home to the Cologne-Rotterdam MBA degree program.The school offers this program in association with the Rotterdam School of Management in the Netherlands.
- The University of Cologne Executive School is in the Ruhr valley.
- The location consists of an assembly of huge, mechanical urban areas in northwestern Germany.
- The university offers graduates with adequate openings for work and thriving.
- Besides, the two-year degree course of Executive MBA benefits as much as possible from its area at the intersection of Europe’s exchange courses and its nearby corporate system.
- The Köln campus of the school is at Südstadt. This campus is for the resources of the humanities department. The Deutz campus is for resources of the designing department. The Mülheim campus is for the Game Lab department of Cologne.
- The school likewise has two campuses in Gummersbach. One of them is for the software engineering department. The other university in Leverkusen is for the science department.
- The worldwide office at the TH Köln offers the graduated with trade openings. Furthermore, the trade openings come with about 352 accomplice colleges from 94 nations.
The TH Köln is additionally one of seven individuals from UAS7, which speak to the seven driving German colleges of connected sciences universally.
10. ESCP Europe – Berlin Campus
ESCP is all set to train students and produce generations of transnational business and management leaders. The school boasts of extensive research, cross-campus educational programs, and innovative pedagogy.
- ESCP Europe is an excellent European business college in Germany.
- The school campuses are in Paris, London, Berlin, and Madrid among others.
- The campus at Berlin invites under-graduates for a degree in MBA in International Management.
- The degree course typically pursues through every one of two years at various grounds inside Europe.As a result, the students get a degree of multicultural quality.
- Besides, the student can also invest in the hundred of opportunities that the school offers.
- The position of Executive MBA in ECSPis among the top hundred projects. This ranking is by the Financial Times. This school also has triple accreditation.
- The students of ESCP of Germany get the opportunities to research on several different campuses. These campuses are across Europe. The campus grounds are in Paris, London, Madrid, Berlin, Turin, and Warsaw.
- The students can go through either half of a year or a whole year on every campus. As a rule, this decision rests upon the school authority.
- Every school campus has its very own particulars and creates study programs with local literary organisations.
- From 2017, there will be two school campuses of ESCP Europe in Paris. One of them will be close to the Place de la République (eleventh arrondissement of Paris). The other university will be close to the Montparnasse Tower (fifteenth arrondissement of Paris).
- Every school campus is for a particular scope of projects and research. The school campus in the eleventh arrondissement has all the alumni programs. However, the university in the fifteenth arrondissement has the undergraduate training, the official instruction and the school’s start-up Incubator, the Blue Factory. This association is one of a kind to Paris.
With all said and done, it is finally up to the student to prepare for the entrance examinations and secure admission. Secure a high score, study in the best MBA universities in Germany, and build a brilliant future in business and management.
Read more about the best universities in Germany and how to get a German Visa.
How would you feel if your favourite professor in college is a proud winner of the Nobel Prize? Does academic excellence make you go giddy with excitement and awe? Do you want to be the alumnus of a college that is star-studded with Nobel laureates, winners, and achievers? If you nurture the secret ambition to be in their shoes some day, then Germany is the most iconic study destination for you. Quench your intellectual thirst with relentless and unwavering perseverance at the top ten best universities in Germany.
Top 10 most iconic study destinations of universities in Germany
Read on to learn more about the finest universities of Germany. In addition to very good research programs, every university ranks within the top hundred universities in the world. They welcome international students from all over the world and are great for children of expats. As a rule, you need to be a star student, to be a part of the rich educational programs. Check out the top ten universities of Germany right now.
1. Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich (LMU)
LMU of Munich secures a constant position in the list of top 100 universities of the world. It is ranked at 32 in the world and 1st in Germany by the Time Higher Education Ranking of 2019. Hence, it is the hot-seat of the rich German culture.
Check out their official website right now- https://www.en.uni-muenchen.de/index.html
- The research centres and institutes of LMU are located throughout Munich.
- The main building of the university is in Geschwister-Scholl-Platz. The main campus is connected with the station Munich U-Bahn Universitat. As a result, it is very convenient to reach the university in time.
- LMU of Munich offers over hundred different courses with many combinations of minors and majors.
- The university offer a huge number of post-graduate and graduate courses in English for the international students. Therefore, LMU is good for students who come from abroad.
- Some of the subject areas that are available in English include physics, psychology, management, and business.
- Besides 18 different faculties, the University maintains many research centres of several trans-disciplinary and cross-faculty projects.
- A few of the research centres of the University of Munuch include:
- Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich
- Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society
- Parmenides Center for the Study of Thinking
- Nanosystems Initiative Munich
- Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen.
Notable faculty and alumni members
- The alumni members of the University of Munich contributed richly to the development of quantum physics and mechanics. To begin with, a notable alumnus of the University is Max Planck, the founder of quantum theory.
- Also, the founders of quantum physics like Wolfgang Pauli and Werner Heisenberg are the alumni members of this University.
- The honourable Nobel Laureate Gerhard Ertl was a faculty member and professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Munich.
2. Technical University of Munich (TUM)
As one of the foremost universities of Europe, TUM takes pride in its enterprising spirit. It is famous for the computer science and agricultural science educational programs. Likewise, TUM is ranked 2nd in Germany and 41st in the world.
Besides, Munich is one of the loveliest tourist destinations in Germany. Some of the most beautiful places to visit in Germanyare in Munich, which include the Olympia Park, Marienplatz, etc. Make the best of the university holidays and vacations with sight-seeing tours across Munich.
- The academic faculties of TUM are divided among the three different campuses in Munich.
- The chief campus is in Central Munich. It plays home to the faculties of electrical engineering, architecture, information technology, surveying, civil engineering, economics, medicine, and more.
- The second campus is in Garching. This campus houses the faculties of physics, mathematics, chemistry, informatics, mechanical engineering, and the famous Garching research reactor.
- The third campus is in Weihenstephan of Munich. This campus is home to the faculties of agricultural science, biology, horticulture, resource management, forestry, and more.
- TUM is highly focused upon research. This is evident from the high DFG Funding Rankings and research rankings of Center for Higher Education Development.
- Besides, the university hosts more than 600 new collaborations for research every year.
- The most significant research centres of TUM include the following.
- Research Neutron Source “Heinz Maier-Leibnitz”
- TUM Institute for Advanced Study
- Walter Schottky Institute for Semiconductor Research
- TUM Institute for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Leonardo da Vinci-Zentrum für Bionik
- Straubing Center of Science
- Catalysis Research Center
- Corporate Research Center of Food and Nutrition Science (ZIEL), and more.
Lastly, being a research university, TUM provides many scholarship opportunities to students. Some of these scholarship programs include the following.
- The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Bayrische Amerika-Akademie
- Bayerisch-Französisches Hochschulzentrum
- Alfred Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Stiftung, and more.
3. Heidelberg University
Heidelberg University is one of the oldest academic institutions in the world. The university ranks 3rd in Germany and 47thin the world. Above all, it boasts of a vast population of foreign students.
- The facilities of Heidelberg University are separated into the following parts-
- The Old Town Campus houses the institutes and faculties of social sciences and humanities.
- The New Campus consists of the medical school, science faculties, and three huge university hospitals. The institutes of the New Campus include the two Max-Planck Institutes and the German Cancer Research Center.
- The Bergheim Campus of the university plays home to the institutes and departments of political science, economics, and sociology.
- The scientific accomplishments of the researchers of Heidelberg University include the following.
- Invention of Bunsen burner and spectroscopy
- Discovery of elements of the periodic table such as Rubidium and Caesium.
- Modern and scientific psychopharmacology, psychiatry, and psychiatric genetics.
- Modern sociology and environmental physics, and more.
- Identification of the absolute mark of ebullition, and more.
Notable faculty and alumni members
- The faculty and alumni members include globally acclaimed jurisprudents, poets, philosophers, social and natural scientists, and theologians.
- Also, the celebrated personalities include more than 18 Leibnitz Laureates, 27 Nobel Laureates, and 2 Oscar winners.
- Besides, several Prime Ministers and Federal Ministers of Germany are the alumni members of the University.
- The alumni of the department of arts include the classical music composer Schumann, writers Hoffman, Keller, philosophers Edmund Montgomery and Ludwig Feuerbach and more.
4. Humboldt University of Berlin
The university of the influential thinkers and philosophers Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx, is a part of the University of Excellence List of 2012. Furthermore, Humboldt University of Berlin is ranked at 4thin Germany and 57thin the world. It boasts of remarkable educational programs in the fields of arts and humanities.
- Humboldt University is divided into three main campuses which consist of the Campus Adlershof, Campus Nord, and Campus Mitte.
- The main building of the university is at the heart of Berlin, at the centre of Campus Mitte. The main building plays home to the humanities department along with the departments of law, business, and economics.
- To the north of the main building is the Campus Nord, located near the Berlin Hauptbahnhof. Campus Nord houses Charite, the medical centre of the university.
- The departments of mathematics and computer science are at Campus Adlershof, in the south-eastern part of Berlin.
The university is divided into the following departments, headed by stalwart faculty members.
- Natural sciences and mathematics
- Life sciences
- Humanities and social sciences, and many more.
Notable faculty and alumni members
- Humboldt University is home to famous academic personalities.
- Particularly associated with the Humboldt University, are 55 Nobel Prize winners that include Vant Hoff, Behring, Fischer, and more.
5. RWTH Aachen University
Founded in 1870, RWTH University takes pride in a large population of students, most of whom are international students. Besides, It is ranked at 79thin the world and at the 5th place in Germany. RWTH University is dedicated to the promotion of teaching, academics, and research methods.
- The campus of RWTH University is situated in north-west Aachen.
- The Main Building, Karman Hall, Super C students’ centre are within the vicinity of the city centre. So are Aachen Cathedral, the main refectory, and Audimax, the lecture hall.
In the first place, RWTH University provides full support to the following associations.
- AISA- Association of Indian Students in Aachen
- AstA- Students’ Union
- GATS- Association of Thain Students in Aachen
- MexAS- Mexican Students’ Association
- Pakistan Student Association, and more.
Notable alumni and faculty members
- Several famed personalities, including Nobel laureates and winners in chemistry and physics, are a part of the Aachen University.
- To summarise, the alumni of the university play a significant role in electrical, medicine, chemistry, and mechanical engineering. Peter Debye of the Debye Relaxation and Debye Model, is an alumnus of RWTH University.
6. University of Freiburg
University of Freiburg takes pride in a long tradition of education. The faculty list of the University of Freiburg comprises of Max Weber, Wim Wenders, and Konrad Adenauer. Above all, The Times Higher Education Ranking made the University of Freiburg 82nd in the world and 6thin Germany.
- The University of Freiburg is divided into three main campuses that are intricately present in the city. The three campuses include the university centre near the historical city centre, the engineering campus, and the institutes quarter. The rest of the buildings of the university are all over the city of Freiburg.
- The historical centre of the University of Freiburg houses the University Library. Also, it is one of the most enormous libraries of Germany.
- The institute quarter consists of the science departments- the chemistry building, the physics buildings,Macromolecular Chemistry Institute, and medicine.
- The engineering campus is situated close to the Fereiburg airfield, near the Medical Center of the University. This campus houses the departments of micro-systems engineering and computer science.
Notable professors and alumni members
- The most famous alumni members of the world are a part of the University of Freiburg.
- For example, significant personalities associated with the University of Freiburg are Husserl, Heidegger, Krebs, and more.
7. Free University of Berlin
Free University ranks 88thin the world and 7thin Germany by the Times Higher Education Ranking of 2018. Furthermore, the university has seven global liaison offices in Brussels, Beijing, Moscow, Cairo, New York, New Delhi, and Sao Paulo.
- A majority of the facilities of Free University are situated in Dahlem to the south-west of Berlin. The campuses of the university consist of the following main divisions.
- Free University is one of the hottest destinations of education, culture, and research. In brief, the research centres provide excellent facilities and academic opportunities.
- Some of the research centres include The Max Planck Institute for Research in Education (MPIB), Fritz Haber Institute, and more.
- To summarise, the campus plays home to
- -Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
- Besides the research centres, the Free University houses the following institutions of central services.
- Center for Academic Advising, Career and Counselling Services
- Center for Recreational Sports
There are three interdisciplinary central institutes which include
Free University preserves an extensive range of international partnerships with the topmost universities of the world. Some of the universities across the globe with whom Free University has well-founded partnerships include.
- University of California of Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Los Angeles.
- Cornell University
- University of Chicago
- Stanford University
- Princeton University
- Duke University
- Yale University, and more.
Notable alumni and faculty members
The alumni of the university include several philosophers, scientists. There are 15 Leibnitz laureates and 5 Nobel Prize winners.
8. Technical University of Berlin
The Technical University of Berlin consists of good educational programs. Consequently, Technical University ranks 92nd in the world and 8thin Germany. Technical University is an iconic study destination in Germany.
- The Technical University covers about 604,000 m². The chief campus of the university is situated in Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. More than 33000 students are admitted to the ninety different faculties of the university.
- El Gouna: The Technical University has set up a satellite pavilion in Egypt to act as an academic and scientific field office.
- Furthermore, the college has an establishment of its Global Production Engineering curriculum. It is known as Global Production Engineering and Management.
There are eight faculties in the technical University of Berlin that are further sub-divided into different institutes. These faculties include
- Arts and humanities
- Engineering and process sciences
- Computer science and electrical engineering
- Transport systems and mechanical engineering
- Environment, planning, and building
- Management and economics
- Zentralinstitut of El Gouna
Notable professors and alumni
Renowned academic personalities form the alma mater of the university. For example, Bruni Ahrends, Carl Bosch, Fritz Houtermans, and more are a part of the university.
9. University of Tubingen
The University of Tübingen is especially known for its faculties of religious philosophy and religion. However, Its most striking alumni is Johannes Kepler, the famous astronomer. The neuropathologist Alois Alzheimer is a part of the alumni as well.
The University of Tubingen is spread across the town. The five towns that house the major buildings of the University include Tubingen, Heidelberg, Freiburg, Gottingen, and Marburg.
The seven different faculties of the university include.
- Catholic theology
- Protestant theology
- social sciences and economics
Notable alumni and faculty members
The faculty and alumni members include William Ramsay, Eduard Buchner, Hans Bethe, Georg Wittig, and more.
10. University of Bonn
The University of Bonn was founded during the Age of Enlightenment in Europe. The strongest faculties of the university include mathematics, astronomy, physics, economics, philosophy, and bioscience. Therefore, the University of Bonn ranks 100thin the world and 10thin Germany.
- The science divisions and the primary science library are situated in Poppelsdorf and Endenich. The Poppelsdorf Palace houses the college’s mineral accumulation and a few science divisions.
- The institute of medicine is situated on the Venusberg, a slope on the western edge of Bonn.
The most significant research institutes of the University of Bonn include the following.
Apply at the Consulate of Germany or the Embassy for a Germany student VISA to enter and stay in Germany. In the mean time, you can look for options of jobs in Germany for foreigners and students. You can obtain a Germany work permit or Germany work VISA to find job in Germany.Secure a job and work at it on a part-time basis for a little extra-earning.
The minimum wage in Germany per houris about 8.5 euros on an average. As a rule, this is enough to provide for a college student in Germany. The minimum salary in Germany is about 1500 euros per month. For the most part, this is handsome enough for a newly recruited student from the university.
Learning the German language has its own advantages and can surely help you in establishing yourself well to the education system. Find more details here.
International students need to have blocked accounts and also take health insurance. Here is the link to one of the best services for students, which is highly recommended from other students.
Have you been living in Germany for long? Is it so long that you have very less memories of the place where you used to live? There may be no path of return for you, but what happens of your children? Moreover, what happens of their education? Where can you send them to study? Do you want your child to be a scientist or perhaps a doctor? Then you have got to find a good school amongst the umbrella of German international schools for the kid.
Well, you can put your stressed out grey cells to rest, because the government of Germany has it all covered. Check out the international schools of Germany and grace yourself with great facilities and infrastructure. Also, secure a bright and prosperous future for your child by sending him/her at the international schools of Germany.
For now, let us see the international schooling system of Germany.
The international schools of Germany have great dedication to the advanced quality of education. Furthermore, expats prefer international schools to general public schools. It is to make sure that their kids get proper training and education while staying abroad.
Why you should choose international schooling in Germany?
- German international schools can be a good choice for children who just began their previous school. By this, they can study with a standard educational module in their known language. And, it is a suitable method for more established kids who study difficult and advanced subjects.
- International schools can be a great option for expats who move a lot all over the globe. The international schools follow a curriculum that is similar over the world. Moreover, a known syllabus allows smooth progress or transition. It covers the gap between the last attended school in the previous nation to the international school in Germany.
- Along with, a student at the international school in Germany gets many lucrative opportunities. They can connect with and make friends with students who come from different societies, nationalities, and
- The process of admission of the students differs from one school to another. However, it is ideal for applying early to avoid the trouble of long waiting lists. The student may, in any case, get the chance of admission in mid-year. It is because the number of students that go to international schools is not constant.
A few good reasons for enrolling a child in an international school
There are many good reasons to join your kids at an international school.
- Most importantly, the students can get and develop a strong language aptitude naturally and rapidly (1). Additionally, they will get many chances and opportunities to collaborate with students from across the globe.
- Secondly, the students gain from regular instructive events. They not only learn core subjects like science and mathematics but can also take additional activities. It includes extra-curricular activities, practicing sports, and developing IT abilities. Besides, German international schools give cutting edge facilities. They have a design for making the studies simple for the students.
- Thirdly, the international schools of Germany follow a traditional educational program. For example, it begins from the primary years and proceeds to secondary training and education.
- The leading associations in North America and Europe authorise the educational program. It means that the students can easily transfer from their school to the ones in other nations. They can be Great Britain, the UnitedStates, and other parts of Germany. Subsequently, it saves their skills, knowledge, and credits from getting affected.
International schools have in itself way more than regular German schools. They resemble learning networks where the students are encouraged, inspired, and urged. However, it is to gain potential and success in the competitive world.
Educational fee varies from one international school to another. But it is usually similar to that in the United States. Besides, it is higher for secondary school and high school courses. Notwithstanding study expenses, parents will also need to fund for the additional school events and functions. For instance, they include class trips, school transportation, meals, and so on.
Diplomas and examinations at the international schools in Germany
Many common German schools offer at least one of the International Baccalaureate (IB) education programs. They include Initial Years, Intermediate Years, Career-oriented and most generally IB Diploma.
Moreover, some international schools offer the US-based High School Diploma/Advanced Placement (AP). Additionally, they provide the UK-basedInternational General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), and incidentally Abitur.
One amongst the typical blend is IGCSE followed with IB Diploma. Many international schools get directed and controlled through foreign education frameworks. For instance, the Japanese school in Hamburg and the French school in Munich, Lycée Jean Renoir.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB)
- About 4800 schools of over 143 different nations offer IB Diploma education program. It is for students between the ages of 16 and 19 years.
- The IB Diploma education program has international recognition. This recognition makes it suitable for the children of expats in Germany.
- However, the education program makes it compulsory for students to take training in six different subjects in two years.
- IB Diploma also requires the students to take up an extra philosophy course or the Theory of Knowledge. Besides, it also includes writing an extensive essay of 4000 words. It makes a great contribution to the Creativity, Activities, and Services (CAS) program of IB Diploma.
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) plus GCE A Levels
- IGCSE is a qualification that many examination boards administer such as Cambridge or Edexcel of London. However, this diploma course is equal to the school years of 10th and 11th grade of any school.
- IGCSE makes it compulsory for the students to learn and give exams in many subjects. In this case, it includes English, mathematics, humanities, and sciences.
Advanced Placement courses and High School Diploma
- Some of the international schools of Germany offer education programs based in the US. Accordingly, they award the students with High School Diploma.
- The education program of such schools includes preparing for the SAT examinations of college boards. Additionally, the students can opt for the university entrance examination from among the Advanced Placement classes.
List of international schools present in Germany
Here is a list of the top international schools of Germany. Do not forget to check every detail of the school before enrolling your precious child into it. Your child deserves the best, so make sure that he does not get any less.
1. Bavarian International School
- Established in 1990, the Bavarian International School is an approved IB World School. It is dedicated to challenging and advanced quality international studies for the students. The school takes students from the elementary level to the twelfth grade. Besides, it is one of the best international bilingual schools in Munich.
- If there is one best highlight, then that is the ease of transportation from home to school. You do not want your child to face daily traffic jam and delays in reaching school and back. Bavarian International School understands this and is at a suitable location with easy transportation options.
- Likewise, it has simple road links so that your child will reach school in time with no trouble at all.
- The bright and airy classrooms consist of state-of-the-art technology like iPads and interactive whiteboards. Also, the students can use the laptops provided by the library and classes to aid their learning. How incredible is that!
- The new campus of Bavarian International School has a learning space for English and German. Likewise, they have another for music practice, a large cafeteria, and a multi-purpose, two-story sports auditorium.
- The Department of Visual And Performing Arts at Bavarian International School gives the students with a variety of creative opportunities. It is in music, visual arts, drama within the extracurricular and academic levels.
- Sport is an important part of the school syllabus. The students of Bavarian International School get a broad range of sports facilities during and after the physical education session. Moreover, they receive qualified and professional instructions.
- They take children in their Early Childhood 0 classes only after their third birthday. You can find out more about the admission criteria and rules on their website- https://www.bis-school.com/admissions/application
2. Berlin Brandenburg International School
- Berlin Brandenburg International School is one of the best co-ed English schools in Germany with day schooling and boarding facilities. The school focuses on the internationally-oriented community of Berlin and the parts beyond.
- Situated in Kleinmachnow, Berlin Brandenburg International School is a little far from the traffic areas. The IB World School approves it to give instructions according to all the four IB education programs.
- Berlin Brandenburg International School gives cutting edge facilities which include a vast sports field. Furthermore, it has artificial turf and six lanes of running track, and a multi-purpose sports auditorium.
- The extra-curricular program of the school is extensive and excellent. Eventually, it gets dedicated to the all-round development of students of all ages.
- The boarding school of Berlin Brandenburg International School is on the school campus. The school provides accommodation facility for eighty international students between the ninth and twelfth grade. Berlin Brandenburg International School is the first German international school of IB program and all-English medium.
- For admissions in BBIS, the parents need to fill the admission form. They get tested for Mathematics, English, andGerman and get screened by their language proficiency and age. They are then granted admission by the result.
- You can know more about the admission process and probationary admission on their website- https://www.bbis.de/admissions/application-process
3. Berlin British School
Do you want a loving and caring community for your child? Do you want your child to develop a strong and confident personality? Are you even dreaming of customised academic support for your child? Then Berlin British School is what you need for your child.
- The Berlin British School (BBS) is an independent day school. It has the best of British, German, and international education to students between 2 and 18 years.
- The Berlin British School believes in the element of instructions with the help of education development. They do it with interactive and exciting methods and regular pastoral program. Accordingly, it is for getting the students ready for achievements in the field of study.
- The group of scholars at Berlin British School has students from many nations. Likewise, it offers the students a chance to explore important issues from many points of view.
- For admissions in Berlin British School, you need to give the school reports for the last two years of education. Also, the school runs a free three-day visit program.
- Under this, the parents and the children can visit the school for three The assessment is carried out formally and informally followed by an enrolment meeting. The assessment results and admissions get decided in this meeting.
- You can find in detail about the admission process on their website- https://berlinbritishschool.de/#
Berlin British School offers:
- Average class sizes with flexible study support and varied activities
- They follow request-based learning and teaching process
- Global qualifications, for example, IB Diploma and IGCSE. It gives the graduates access to the best colleges and universities of the world
- Good level of pastoral thoughts with a focus on building confidence and personality development in students
- BBS is an IB World School and an accredited member of the CIS
4. Frankfurt International School
- Frankfurt International School is one of the best international schools in Frankfurt Germany. It is one of the most prominent international schools in Europe in the first place. It has thousands of students from more than eighty different nations.
- Frankfurt International School focuses on the overall development of the child. The school gives a balanced educational program with strong academics, games, performing and visual art programs. Furthermore, it is along with a lot of scope of extra-curricular exercises, clubs, and administration ventures.
- The school runs an advanced IT support network and furthermore works with a stock of gadgets. It is for elementary and grade school students. The high school students of Frankfurt International School benefit by a powerful and interactive one-to-one laptop learning program.
- The excellent facilities of the school incorporate three outdoor athletic fields, and separate buildings. It also includes a Centre for Design – Technology, Science, and Performing Arts. The newly-opened Stroth Centre for Learning and Athletics has expanded the grounds.
- Further plus points of the school are its basic responsibility that it focuses on. It is for the family as a primary piece of the school network and its remarkable authority. The last has received two instructive global honours. TheHead of School and the Wiesbaden due to its nature in the present school year.
- For admissions, the school requests the parents to start applying six months before the new session. It is due to the limited availability of seats as compared to the received applications. However, this does not guarantee admission in any case.
- To know more about the admission process and timelines, go to their website- https://www.fis.edu/page.cfm?p=1023
5. International School Frankfurt Rhein-Main
- The International School Frankfurt got established in 1995 by the government of Frankfurt. It gives the best education in the world to students from the elementary school to the twelfth grade. Moreover, the school has a smooth school bus service for students.
- The school campus has many features that include theatre, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, running tracks, and artificial sports field. It also includes interactive whiteboards, modern art, and music facilities, fantastic computing rooms, and well-equipped science laboratories.
- Above all, the International School Frankfurt prepares the students for many examinations. It includes the InternationalGeneral Certificate of Education, High School Diploma, US Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- The school does not rely on the previous academic achievements of the students for admissions. Moreover, they believe in the present progress and hence take in students with average and above capabilities.
- For more information, visit their website- https://www.isf.sabis.net/
6. Munich International School
- Munich International School creates, challenges, and trains its students to get academic excellence. From here, they become lifelong learners, innovative and creative thinkers, ethical, healthy, and well-balanced individuals. Besides, they learn to grow and bear a significant impact on the active and ever-challenging world.
- The school has a staff of dedicated and well-experienced teachers and mentors. It is one of the best bilingual schools in Munich.
- It offers many facilities that include a centre for performing arts, new technology, and a design Furthermore, one-to-one laptop sessions, new makers’ laboratories, eight running tracks and field of the Olympic size is also a part.
- The school has a triple-story gymnasium with attached fitness and dance studios and a new complex of modern languages. Above all, it has two libraries and separate outdoor play spaces for kids.
- They follow a standard admission procedure, and after submitting the documents, a test happens. On its basis, the admissions get decided. Along with the accepted students, a waiting list is also out.
- To know more about it refer to their website- https://www.mis-munich.de/
7. International School of Hamburg
- The International School of Hamburg has accreditation and authorisation by the Council of International Schools.
- The school gives three frameworks of the curriculum- International Primary Curriculum for ages 3-10 years, Middle Years Programme (2) for ages 11-16 years of the IB program, and the Diploma Programme (3) for ages 17-19 years.
- It focuses on making an overall academic experience. The school understands that a variety of ways can assess the understanding and knowledge of a child. It gets not only limited to regular assignments and tests. It includes group work, oral presentation, athletic and artistic expression, and using proper technique for learning.
- The International School of Hamburg follows similar admission procedures too as like others. However, they take interviews for the students seeking admission in their IB programme or Grade 11.
- Check out their website to know more about the school and its admission process- https://www.ishamburg.org/
8. Metropolitan School Frankfurt
- Metropolitan School Frankfurt is in the heart of Frankfurt. It offers the IB Primary Year Programme to students from pre-Kindergarten to the fifth grade.
- Metropolitan School Frankfurt has a 360-degree learning approach and student-centric education. It gives a fair and in-depth educational program. However, language teaching is English.
- The students with less knowledge of English can also follow the classes well and quick. They can do it by learning English at the Additional Language Program (EAL).
- Moreover, German is as a native language or a foreign language in the school. Other current languages, for example, Spanish and French get taught from the sixth grade.
- The school facilities include science research centres, rooms for art and music and an IT laboratory. It also comprises a dining hall and a new cafeteria, and a big games auditorium.
- It also has a food innovation kitchen, nurses’ and matrons’ station and an excellent multi-media library. Additionally, big classrooms have state-of-the-art interactive whiteboards and fast WLAN internet access.
- The students can pick out from many extra-curricular exercises. For example, they can choose from basketball, football, badminton, tennis, music, yoga, art, dance, and poetry. The instrumental program at school has individual classes in clarinet, violin, and piano. Additional Care programs take place before and after the usual school hours.
- Metropolitan School Frankfurt is an IB World School. It is a member of the Councilof International Schools (CIS) and the Associationof German International Schools (AGIS).
- For admissions, parents must look for the grades matching to their child’s age. It is because the session starts in August and hence the age gets considered with 1st of August. However, the school gives a facility of flexible grade promotions.
- To know more visit their website- https://www.m-school.de/
On the whole, it is important to explore the extensive network of German international schools. It helps you to enrol your child in the school that gives the best academic care and facilities.
You can read more about the German School System here.